I can’t even begin to describe how stoked I am to have an original poster from The White Album. I went over to my Uncle Andy’s house today and went through a bunch of records that not only were my Dads but his brothers and sisters. I got a few cool albums but, I’m just really excited to have this poster - TWO of them actually. The bottom 3rd was ripped off the bottom of one of them (someone must not have liked Ringo) and has tape on it - clearly it was hanging on someones wall. My Dad passed away almost 2 years ago, and I’m just happy to have anything that was his, especially things from when he was younger. I defiantly want to get it framed and hang it up asap!
this was not art history related, sorry folks!
- iloveyouporgy said: well, i would say a poster like that has almost the same status as a relic :) so not totally unrelated.
- free-oms likes this
- robertreset likes this
- sterility likes this
- dreamfulartist likes this
- welcometocollinwood reblogged this from arthistoryx
- welcometocollinwood likes this
- lonepilgrim said: definitely art history related - the white album (inc. poster) was designed as a ‘multiple’ by UK Pop Art pioneer Richard Hamilton
- nipplechafe said: of course this is art history related.
- pinnipedofdeath likes this
- whimsicalbeast likes this
- sarufish likes this
- thegestianpoet likes this
- arthistoryx posted this